Thank you to Carolina Braces, our Diamond Plus corporate sponsor for the 2017-2018 school year!
Volunteer Opportunities Available Now!
Complete this VERY SHORT Volunteer Interests Form to tell us how you are interested in volunteering at your child's school. You will receive communications according to your interests.
Current volunteer opportunities:
- Let Me Run Coach- Let Me Run is a program similar to Girls on the Run that could be valuable to our 4th and 5th grade boys. Let Me Run is a nonprofit wellness program that inspires boys to be themselves, be active and belong. With a comprehensive curriculum that applies to the power of running, the program encourages boys to develop their psychological, emotional and social health, in addition to their physical health. Check out the letmerun.org for program details. This after-school, LES-sponsored program requires people power. So, here are the details:
- Twice a week for seven weeks, trained volunteer coaches lead teams of 4th and 5th grade boys through practice.
- Each fall and spring season wraps up with a 5k race festival that celebrates the boys’ personal growth.
- NEEDED---One parent volunteer to attend one of the free training sessions in Charlotte (8/22 or 8/26) and help coach a team of boys this fall. There must be 2 coaches per team of 14 boys and at least one must attend the training.
- To volunteer and for more details, contact Melissa Sangster, PTA Health & Wellness Chair.
- Social Media Manager- The Social Media Manager will work under the Communications Chair to manage the LES PTA's Facebook and Twitter accounts with pictures and engaging text.Social media can have a huge impact on the participation level of any organization. Are you active on social media?
- Check the Weekly Update email each Sunday for current opportunities.
- Pride Pack Volunteers - Contact Heather West if you can help with this program.
You may also contact Lauren Hampton, Volunteer Coordinator, with any questions regarding volunteering or for more information.
Your attendance, encouragement and enthusiasm ensure that LES maintains its vision and achieves its goals. Volunteering will help you meet new LES families and will make the LES experience even more memorable. We welcome family members and friends, including parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, and anyone who has a desire to help.